Thursday, April 18, 2013

Horrific video of plant explosion in West, Texas

I'm a bit annoyed at this guy, not just because he put himself and his daughter in danger by getting so close to the fertilizer plant when it was on fire, but also because he held his phone vertically instead of horizontally. (It's a pet peeve of mine, especially since he would have captured the explosion better if he had held his phone the right way.) Anyway, what he got is scary enough as it is...
I was especially worried about the girl: did she suffer hearing loss as a result of the explosion? Earlier today I heard through a friend of a friend of a Facebook friend that both are okay. I hope that's true.

At last count, 35 people are dead in the blast. Here's what you can do to help. And props to the Czech Stop for taking care of the rescuers. I've stopped there many times on my travels between Austin/Temple and Dallas/Denton.

No more explosions this week. Please.

No comments: