Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rotation 5 complete

I am at DXB, waiting for Delta 7 to board. From there, it's fifteen glorious hours to Atlanta. I'll spend a few hours there before continuing to Hobby; I should be back in Houston about 22 hours from now. I'm not looking forward to the long-ass trip and the accompanying jetlag, but I am looking forward to getting back home.

As this point, it looks like at least one more trip over here is in my future, but right now it's uncertain as to when that will be. It won't be before the end of September, however; I have a few other things on my agenda and besides, it's time to spend a few weeks at home with the family.

I am aware of Gustav, but it's not going to affect my trip home and it's still too early to start getting too worried. It won't mess up Saturday night's football game, and right now that's all that matters to me.

Speaking of which, I'm still working on the UH football preview; I hope to have it up before kickoff Saturday evening.

Anyway, time my catch my flight...

No comments: