Sunday, February 28, 2010

Traveling in style

I just got back from a short weekend trip to DC to visit my friend Laura (and, rather serendipitously, my cousin Eugene) and to see some attractions. Pictures will be up shortly, but I wanted to briefly gloat about something that happened on the trip home this afternoon.

It just so happened that on today, the last day of my OnePass Silver Elite status (earned through all that travel to Dubai I endured during 2008; I lose said status on March 1st), Continental decided to bestow upon me an unexpected perk: they upgraded me to First Class on my flight from Reagan National back to Bush Intercontinental.

NICE.

Now, I'm not saying that three hours sitting among the aristocracy and being pampered with free drinks, free DirecTV, a large leather seat that actually reclines and delicious gourmet food made all those hours languishing in coach to and from Dubai worth it, but it sure was fun and now I can at least say I got to experience it.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford to fly First Class on my own, but if I one day can, I definitely will.

No comments: