Monday, September 08, 2008

Yes, I'm still here...

I would like to assuage the fears of my regular readers (all three of them) by assuring that nothing happened to me on the way back from Dubai (the trip was fine; Delta's in-flight entertainment system even worked throughout the entire duration this time). I've just been so busy since I got back to Houston that I haven't had any time to put up any new posts. There was the start of football season, Kirby's 4th birthday party (his birthday was actually the 21st of August but we held his party on the 31st so I could be here for it), residual work from Dubai I needed to complete, and a host of other welcome-back-to-down tasks (like unpacking, restocking the kitchen; and cleaning out an inbox full of 750 e-mails) that have kept me busy over the past week-and-a-half.

But it's good to be back home. It's been a long summer, and there are a lot of things I've missed, like Lori, Kirby, my own bed, real Tex-Mex food, internet that isn't censored, etc. At this point it looks like I'll be here for a while, too: rotation Six likely will not happen until the middle-to-end of October.

No comments: