Sunday, September 17, 2006

Happy birthday to me...

It's September 17th, which means I'm now officially 33 years old. And I get to celebrate the occasion by sitting in an airplane all day as I make that 8,181-mile trek back to Dubai.

I enjoyed my two-and-a-half weeks in Houston. It was great to be able to see the Coogs jump out to their first 3-0 start since 1990. It was wonderful do be able to attend my father's retirement luncheon at the University of Houston. And it was nice to eat dinner with my aunt and uncle up in Dallas earlier this week. But most of all, it was good to be able to spend a couple of weeks with Lori and Kirby. They miss me when I'm gone, and I miss them. Unfortunately, my short trip home is over, and I must return to the scorching sands and soaring cranes of the rapidly-growing city on the Arabian Penninsula.

This trip is going to be a little different than my last trip; instead of flying KLM through Amsterdam, I'm going to fly through JFK using two airlines I've heard a lot of good things about but have never flown until now: JetBlue and Emirates. I'll provide my own evaluation of both carriers once I arrive in Dubai.

This time, my stay in Dubai will be about 25 days long. I will return to Houston on October 12th.

No comments: